1. Drinking 4 or more cups of coffee a day can decrease the risk of depression in women. A study from the Harvard School of Public Health shows that coffee drinkers had a 20% lower chance of developing depression later in life. Also drinking 2 to 4 cups daily reduces the risk of suicide by 50%.
2. Coffee might help prevent skin cancer. Drinking 4 or more cups a day can lower you risk of cutane melanoma!
3. Coffee can help fight obesity. A compound found in coffee called chlorogenic acid could help ward off obesity-related diseases. Drinking 4 or more cups of coffee a day can help reduce the chances of getting obesity by 50% plus additional cups reduce the risk by 7% !
4. A cup of Joe before you hit the gym can improve your workout and keep you energized longer! Thanks to the increased amount of fatty acids in your bloodstream due to caffeine, your body doesn't have to burn carbs so fast.
5. Does your hearing need a boost? Regularly consuming caffeine may help prevent tinnitus, a persistent ringing in the ear. Women who drank one and a half cups of coffee a day were 15% more likely to develop tinnitus than those who drank four to six cups, according to a study of 65,000 women published in the American Journal of Medicine.
6. Coffee could lead to a healthier and happier liver. Drinking both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee can help lower liver enzymes associated with inflammation.
7. Coffee might help you live longer. Drinking two to six cups of coffee per day could lower the risk of dying by 10 percent for men and 15 percent for women, according to a study of over 200,000 men and 170,000 women (ages 50 to 71) in The New England Journal of Medicine. (The data was adjusted to discount the effects of unhealthy habits, such as smoking, since regular coffee drinkers also tended to be regular drinkers and meat-eaters.)
Information taken from Real Simple