1. Drinking 4 or more cups of coffee a day can decrease the risk of depression in women. A study from the Harvard School of Public Health shows that coffee drinkers had a 20% lower chance of developing depression later in life. Also drinking 2 to 4 cups daily reduces the risk of suicide by 50%.
2. Coffee might help prevent skin cancer. Drinking 4 or more cups a day can lower you risk of cutane melanoma!
3. Coffee can help fight obesity. A compound found in coffee called chlorogenic acid could help ward off obesity-related diseases. Drinking 4 or more cups of coffee a day can help reduce the chances of getting obesity by 50% plus additional cups reduce the risk by 7% !
4. A cup of Joe before you hit the gym can improve your workout and keep you energized longer! Thanks to the increased amount of fatty acids in your bloodstream due to caffeine, your body doesn't have to burn carbs so fast.
5. Does your hearing need a boost? Regularly consuming caffeine may help prevent tinnitus, a persistent ringing in the ear. Women who drank one and a half cups of coffee a day were 15% more likely to develop tinnitus than those who drank four to six cups, according to a study of 65,000 women published in the American Journal of Medicine.
6. Coffee could lead to a healthier and happier liver. Drinking both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee can help lower liver enzymes associated with inflammation.
7. Coffee might help you live longer. Drinking two to six cups of coffee per day could lower the risk of dying by 10 percent for men and 15 percent for women, according to a study of over 200,000 men and 170,000 women (ages 50 to 71) in The New England Journal of Medicine. (The data was adjusted to discount the effects of unhealthy habits, such as smoking, since regular coffee drinkers also tended to be regular drinkers and meat-eaters.)
Information taken from Real Simple
After a month of launching at our first location in BLVD63, we have learned so much about the machine and have worked all the little kinks out. Now our focus is improving our coffee! Due to the limitations with the program settings in the machine, it's a little tricky finding the perfect recipe to achieve the high quality taste we are striving for.
We are stoked to announce that we are collaborating with Swell Coffee Roasting Co in creating our own customized specialty, fair trade coffee blend! Last Friday we took a trip to the Swell Coffee Roasting Co warehouse and cupped a variety of specialty coffees. These guys are the real deal when it comes to coffee. They take full pride in their titles of being "Elite Coffee Nerds" and their passion for coffee is contagious and inspiring. The next step entails dabbling with the machine settings and different coffees to experiment until we find the perfect blend. Subscribe to our blog to keep updated on what's buzzin in the Vendi bizzz!
Fair trade is a global trade model that gives farmers and artisans control of their own future. They can build their own businesses, rather than working for a middle man, allowing the profits to stay in their communities to improve housing, healthcare and schools.
Fair trade means what you buy matters! By choosing fair trade products, you are not only accessing high quality products, you are making a difference in the lives of the people who grow the goods you consume.
Fair trade is fresher and tastier. Farmers take pride in their work and pay a closer attention to detail. They are invested throughout the entire production process and crops are harvested in much smaller quantities, producing high quality goods.
VendiBean's gotchya covered with our fair trade coffee from Nicaragua, Mexico and Peru. Make the world a better a place one Fair Trade purchase at a time!
The VendiBean launch was a success! Thank you to everyone who came out and got their buzzes on with us and some free coffee at BLVD63!! Make sure to check out the video from the launch on YouTube. Everyone looked so good next to the machine we had to share these pics with the world. Hope to see your faces again with your cup and don't forget to tag us @vendibean!
If you don't already, follow us on social media and remember to Make Vendi Trendy!
In a country that is notoriously known for their exceptionally brewed coffee beans, Teal Cooper discovered her addiction for cappuccinos and experienced her first coffee vending machine all while studying abroad in Florence, Italy. This magical machine was conveniently located in the middle of campus at The Florence University of the Arts, making it a center of attraction for students looking to feed their caffeine addiction.
However, it was Tristan Cooper who had the idea when taking a study break late night at UT Austin in a desperate search for caffeine. To his surprise he discovered that nothing was open... Together they put a twist on the average coffee vending machine and created the first trendy fair trade organic coffee house inside of a vending machine, called VendiBean!
With months of research the Vendi duo made it their mission to turn this idea into a reality. They tried their best to master the perfect coffee recipe. Since the brewing time, temperature, and water to coffee ratio is very restricted due to possible clogging, it was tricky finding the best combination inside the VendiBean Machine. Even with all the limitations the Vendi Team is confident in their efforts of achieving a deliciously crafted coffee that appeals to the masses.
Oh and don't forget to make Vendi trendy ~